EFFECTIVE DATE: NOV 15, 2021
SKIIN is a global company. If you are located in the United States or a country outside the European Union, your information is stored in a location at the discretion of Myant. If you are a European Union data subject, we store your information in the European Union. By using or downloading the Service, you agree that your personal information, including any information about your health that you provide directly to us or that we collect through your use of the Service, may be transferred to, stored, and handled as described in this Policy.
PACE Cardiology Patients
If you are a PACE Cardiology patient, please navigate to this link for additional information about PACE Cardiology's Information Practices.
The Information We Collect About You. We collect information directly from you, from devices and third party services you connect, as well as automatically through your use of our Service.
When You Create, Update, or add information to Your Profile. When you register to use the Service, we collect the personal information you provide us, including your name, email address, password, gender, height, and birthdate. We also collect any additional information you choose to add to your profile, including: weight, body mass index (BMI), whether you are a smoker or non-smoker, medical conditions, blood pressure, information related to medications you are taking, patient ID, sleep metrics, stress levels, activity levels, and other personal or health information.
We collect additional information from Devices you connect to your App:
- When you use a SKIIN Device. We collect your raw electrocardiogram (“ECG,” “EKG”) measurement data, average heart rate, and location on the body where the ECG recording was taken (e.g. body or chest). We collect additional information from your mobile device at the time of recording, including accelerometer data, local time, local time zone, and geographic location.
You may use your mobile device to add notes, tags, or voice memos to recordings you make with any connected device. Many users use this feature to supplement ECG readings with information about their symptoms, activities, or diet related to their specific
health conditions. Voice memos are automatically transcribed and included with the applicable ECG recordings. Please note that we collect information provided through notes, tags, or voice memos, including any personal or sensitive information you choose to provide through this feature.
- Information Collected From Your Phone. In addition to the collection described above, we collect basic information from your mobile device, including device model and OS version, device ID, device language, activities within the App and how long the App is open.
If you choose to connect your mobile device to a compatible third-party service, such as Apple Health or Google Fit, with your permission, we collect information from your user profile including: username and email address, heart rate BPM, step count and distance traveled, activity sample, glucose and oxygen saturation levels, active and resting energy levels, sleep analysis, blood pressure readings, and workout history.
- When You Use A Premium Feature. When you choose to participate in a premium service, we collect additional information from you related to those services. Some premium features are paid services. When you make payments through the Service, you may need to provide your shipping address and financial account information, such as your credit card number, to our third-party service providers. We may receive transaction identifiers and summary information that does not include credit card or bank account numbers.
- When You Contact Us. When you contact SKIIN directly, such as when you contact our Customer Support team, we will receive the contents of your message or any attachments you may send to us, as well as any additional information you choose to provide.
How We Use Your Information
We process your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Service to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Service, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Service.
To research and develop new products and features.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, to the extent permitted by law and, where required, with your consent. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites. You can opt-out of receiving marketing at any time as described below.
- To better understand how users access and use our Service, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Service and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other analytical purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to understand if a recorded EKG is your personal data or a guests’ data, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Service.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information. We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- With Your Consent. With your prior consent, we may share information from the Service with other third-party partners, including your personal information and data collected from your devices.
- Your Healthcare Providers Or Family. With your consent, we may share your information, including information collected from your connected devices, with your healthcare providers and/or family members (e.g., immediate family or friends) that you designate to receive your information.
- Clinical Trial Studies. By using this service you consent to Myant sharing information collected by the service with physicians and staff of clinical trial programs who may use the Service as a means of collecting data for the trial study. If the Service is used as part of a clinical trial study, we will use and share information about the clinical trial collected through the Service in accordance with our agreement with the clinical trial program and any privacy notices provided to you as part of the clinical trial program.
- Other Health-focused Mobile Apps. By using this service you consent that we may share your profile information and data collected from your connected devices with other health-focused mobile applications installed on your mobile device to help you track your health and wellness information. If you share your information with these apps, your personal information, including your health information, will be used in accordance with those apps' separate privacy policies, not this one.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information—so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual—with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- Health Researchers. We may share data collected through the Service with healthcare researchers and other research organizations, including de-identified profile information and data collected from your connected devices. For example, we may share information such as your gender, height, weight, information about medications you have provided, and data from your connected devices, but we will not share your name or other information that could identify you.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, such as providers of hosting, email communication, customer support services, analytics, marketing, and advertising, based on our instructions, and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or reorganization, we will give affected users notice before transferring any personal information to a new entity.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
○ Please note: Our policy is to notify you of legal process seeking access to your information, such as search warrants, court orders, or subpoenas, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so. In cases where a court order specifies a non- disclosure period, we provide delayed notice after the expiration of the non- disclosure period. Exceptions to our notice policy include exigent or
counterproductive circumstances, for example, when there is an emergency involving a danger of death or serious physical injury to a person.
- Third Party Analytics. We use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics and Mixpanel, to evaluate usage of our Service. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Service. We use these tools to help us improve our Service, performance, and user experiences.
Privacy Shield Information For EU and Swiss Individuals
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, SKIIN commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information pursuant to the Privacy Shield. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact SKIIN at the contact address below.
SKIIN Attn. Privacy 100 Ronson Drive Etobicoke, TO M9W 1B6 firstname.lastname@example.org
SKIIN has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited
circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction with enforcement authority over SKIIN’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.
The Privacy Shield Principles describe SKIIN’s accountability for personal data that it subsequently transfers to a third-party agent. Under the Privacy Shield Principles, SKIIN shall remain liable if third party agents process the personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless SKIIN proves it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Note that SKIIN may be required to release the personal data of EU and Swiss individuals whose data is pursuant to the Privacy Shield in response to legal requests from public authorities including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements.
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Myant will obtain consent before any collection, use or disclosure of any personal identifiable information (PII) and personal health information (PHI) for purposes that we have identified. Individuals who sign up for a SKIIN account will provide explicit consent during account creation.
Security of My Personal Information
Your privacy is important to us and we enforce privacy measures to ensure that your PII and PHI is protected against unauthorized access, use and modification. A combination of technical, administrative and physical safeguards are used to maintain the highest level of security.
All data is protected through an AES256-bit encrypted database and data during any transfer between the database, server and mobile application is encrypted using HTTPS.
Our data exists in a private virtual cloud, hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS provides features that help in maintaining secure data through security groups, network access control lists and flow logs. AWS has ISO 27001, ISO 27017, and ISO 27018 certifications, ensuring it meets international standards for information security management systems, security controls for cloud services and security techniques for protection of personally identifiable information.
During SKIIN account creation, a complex password (between 8 to 30 characters and a minimum of one special character or number) is required for all users. The authentication process requires email confirmation before a user is able to log into the application. Resetting forgotten passwords will also require email confirmation.
Only authorized individuals are able to access users’ PII and PHI data on secure databases, which can only be accessed through secure passwords. Employees are required to sign documentation that obliges them to protect users’ PII and PHI, and will only be able to access PII and PHI in order to fulfill their job requirements.
We also encourage you to take your own security measures, such as;
- Not sharing your password with anyone else
- Remembering to log out of the Service if accessing it on someone else’s personal device
- Updating your password regularly
- Having a password on your personal device
- Locking your personal device when not in use
As per the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), we are required to keep records and notify any involved individuals of all breaches and to report to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada of any security breaches that pose a significant risk of harm to any individual or the public.
Access to and Deleting My Personal Information
We acknowledge the right of EU and Swiss individuals to access their personal data pursuant to the Privacy Shield. You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service for a period of time.
We store information associated with your account until your account is deleted. You can delete your account at any time by contacting Customer Support at email@example.com. Please note that it may take a bit of time to delete your account information, and we may preserve it for legal reasons or to prevent harm, including as described in the How Information Is Shared section.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Emails?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. We may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Users Under 18
Our services are not designed for users under 18. If we discover that a user under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
GDPR – Rights For EEA Users and SKIIN’s Capabilities for Worldwide Users
What Rights Do I Have? Individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights in respect of your personal information and SKIIN will provide these capabilities to all our worldwide users, including:
- the right of access to your personal data;
- the right to correct or rectify any inaccurate personal data;
- the right to restrict or oppose processing of personal data;
- the right to erase your personal data; and
- the right to personal data portability
We rely on your consent as a lawful basis processing personal data for the following purposes:
- initial collection of personal data through the Service;
- providing you with marketing or promotional communications. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within SKIIN email updates and changing your contact preferences.
We process personal data in order to perform our contract with you.
Additionally, we process personal data based on our “legitimate interests” in providing you the Service as described in the section “How We Use Your Information”, including:
- To enable the Service to function as expected;
- To communicate with you in response to customer service inquiries, to deliver non- promotional, service-related emails, or to administer surveys and questionnaires; and
- To tailor your experience based on your general region. For example, we process Clinical Interpretation Service requests from EEA-based users through an EEA-based Clinical Interpretation Service partner.
In some cases, SKIIN may process personal information pursuant to a legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
How May I Exercise My Individual Rights? SKIIN users located worldwide may access and update their personal information as follows:
- Account holders may access and update personal information through their account settings in the SKIIN platform;
- Account holders may exercise their rights to data deletion and data portability by contacting SKIIN’s Data Controller Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SKIIN does not retain any personal information from users who do not create SKIIN accounts.
Please note that SKIIN may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any personal or account information.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Service. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change.